DICE has been putting out a lot of information this week on needed changes that will be coming soon to the game. They have release details on weapon tweaks, as they did with vehicle tweaks last week.
Most of these are balancing issues, or at the most minor bug fixes. Here are some of the highlights:
* Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents.
* Increased the accuracy of pump action shotguns (870 MCS, HAWK 12g, SPAS-12, and UTS 15) while on the move and aiming. The accuracy has been approximately doubled.
* Reduced the long range damage of the MTAR to bring it in line with the rest of the Carbines.
* Adjusted the way inaccuracy is handled when transitioning from Hip fire to Aimed fire. Previously, if a player began firing before aiming, he would keep his hip inaccuracy while aimed, until he stopped firing.
There are also some specific pistol tweaks:
* Increased the aimed accuracy of the M1911 to make it a viable choice once the COMPACT 45 has been unlocked.
* Increased the close range damage of the M1911, QSZ-92, FN57, CZ-75 and COMPACT 45.
* Reduced the delay between pressing the trigger and the bullet firing for the M412 REX and .44 MAGNUM.
Battlefield 4 is slowly but surely becoming more polished, and this is helping in that regard. These changes will most likely take effect in the next two patches, one which should be happening within a week.
Pistol Tweak blog is here
Weapon Balance blog is here
Stay tuned to BF4blog for more updates.